- 4 October 2011 : 20:00
- Dr. Vered Blass, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Title " Electronic waste, what? where? who? "
- Background reading:
An evening, where an invited scientist/engineer talks about the latest/greatest/weirdest topic they work with. Goal is to present a topic or problem so that an an intelligent but lay audience can follow it. After a talk (say 45 mins to 1 hour) an hour long discussion Q&A session will take place, followed by an informal drinks and further discussion. The topics are not set or limited, as long it has a solid scientific base and can be related to things hackers / geeks care about.
Estimated frequency 12 or 6 times a year.
For all RevSpace members plus any other guest that is interested in coming.
Gori will be contacting and inviting scientists from his own network + whoever else gets suggested. Please feel free to suggest a person to invite, or a topic to find a expert for below
- Propose session/setup to the MetaMeet
- Determine the first date
- Start looking for speakers
- Organize a recording setup, video & sound for youtube/web dissemination
List of potential speakers / topics
- 4 october - Vered Blass - Tel Aviv University, - E-waste, End of Life networks and you
- [httphttp://wiki.tudelft.nl/bin/view/Main/IgorNikolic Igor Nikolic] TPM/ TU Delft Complex Adaptive Systems theory and how to understand and model the co-evolution between social and technical systems.
- Rene Kleijn from CML Leiden about (rare earth) metal flows through the economy/ecology
- Chris Davis about wikis, open data, social processes and structuring complexity
- Mark de Bruijne TPM/TU Delft about robustness and resilience in infrastructure systems
- Frank Boons, EUR, social systems / industrial systems
- Quantum Computing - Floor Paauw for example
- Nanotechnology : possible contact via diggie
- < please add an idea! >
|Event Revelation Science with Vered Blass on Electronic Waste|
|Name||Revelation Science with Vered Blass on Electronic Waste
|Duration||Oct 4 2011 - Oct 4 2011|