What is an Open Day at a hacker space?
Motto: "messing with hardware and software."
On 31 March 2012 hacker spaces in the Netherlands open their doors to anyone who wants to know what hackers involved and what they are doing. Netherlands currently has ten hacker spaces. A hacker space is a meeting and workshop, where technologically interested, creative and critical viewers meet, exchange ideas and work together on projects.
"Hacking" is more than testing and rupture of securing computers and networks. But that is not obvious to everyone. With this open day to hacker spaces in the Netherlands show that the hacker community in the country a much larger spectrum of interests has, and also has a rich history, such as ISP XS4ALL comes from the hacker world.
Also present at this open day, hackers like to explain what 'ethical hacking' actually is. And why the average hacker is not a threat, but gladly share knowledge about such threats on the Internet and security issues in major ICT projects of companies and governments. Knowledge should be shared. That is one of the Dutch (and international) broad-based value hacker community, which dates from the beginnings of the hacker culture in Boston (USA) at the end of the 60s.
Also RevSpace in The Hague, Binckhorstlaan 172, participates in this national open day. On March 31, from 10:00 to 21:00, the doors are open to anyone who wants to see what hackers really have to offer. A complete list of activities and directions on this page to find.
Theme == ==
Workshops == ==
Experienced Linux === ===
Linux ==== clinic! ====
- What: Would you like to try Linux once, but you're not very technical, do come under the supervision of a real Linux Guru. Or, you have a problem with your Linux system, it does not work with your hardware, or whatever. One of gurus to help you enjoy this issue.
- Who: Hansg
Does not work with Linux ==== ==== does not exist
- What: Would you like to try Linux once, but it does not work with your hardware. One of our experts will gladly help you to solve this problem.
- Who: Hansg
Make your first open source contribution
- What: Are you a user of open source software, eg Ubuntu, firefox or open source and you want to be next user to contributor? Then our workshop "do you first open source contribution." Do you have such a small annoyance in one of the open source programs that you use, you can under the guidance of an expert report a bug, or maybe even a solution to this annoyance write it to the creators of the software to send so that hopefully the next version has been corrected.
- Who: Hansg
OV Chip === ===
- What: Show hoveel information on an OV-chip card is and how easy it is to be read.
- Who: WinScap
Wireless Security === ===
- What: dsniff fire and sheep show, possibly with the McD can sniff traffic to make a point about security
- Who: Juerd
Demos == ==
Arduino === ===
- What: Demonstration of a Robot with explanations of the arduino.
- Who: Cross
Jacobs ladder === ===
- What: Jacobs Ladder demo -
- Who: Gori and Smeding
! Must still first be completed. !
Laser Cutter === ===
- What: Come and have a keychain with your name laser cut!
- Who: FooBar
Retro gaming === ===
- What: A number of classic games
- Who: Stitch
Tour === ===
- What: Tour of the building and along all demos
- Who: Gori, this care
WNDP 350 === ===
- What: Demonstration of a very flat acess point
- Who: Juerd
For the Press == == Are you from the press? See HackerspaceDag2012 News for the press release and poster New! Click the words above to view alternate translations. Dismiss Google Translate for Business:Translator ToolkitWebsite TranslatorGlobal Market Finder