Jump to navigation Jump to search
|New Safety Measures for Chemicals + New Chemicals|
We need a new space to store the chemicals since what we have now is prone to accidents.
- When labeling chemicals I recommend not covering the original label since it contains useful info.
- Things in caps are worse than things in lowercase. (Ex. "toxic" is toxic, "TOXIC" is very toxic)
- The large Carl Roth bottles will stay unlabelled for now because they have a lot of bilingual safety info (English, German)
- English Chemical Name
- Dutch Chemical Name
- Hazard Statement / Extra Info
Safe material label:
- Methylene Blue
- Warning: This stuff stains!
Hazardous Material Label:
- HIGHLY FLAMMABLE
What Needs to be Done
- Find cabinets suitable for chemicals
- Inventory the dangerous chemicals and provide MSDS's or usage guidelines (Will probably be turned into a leaflet on cabinets)
- Build a basic fume hood for the space
- Construct a small workspace dedicated to projects that use chemicals (chemistry/bio/PCB etching) in the $projectruimte downstairs, or in the Sparkshack