Revspace Chemical Extravaganza
|Event Revspace Chemical Extravaganza|
|Name||Revspace Chemical Extravaganza|
The date "TBD" was not understood.- TBD
The date "TBD" was not understood.
|Information||A Chemical Extravaganza|
What is this?
The Revspace Chemical Extravaganza is a great way to learn about chemistry, safety, and have fun doing it.
Why should I come
- Take part in fun experiments
- See what NOT to do
- Learn something
- See how to safely use chemicals at the space
- Your eyes (egg), your eyes on acid (HCl + Whatever I can find in the cabinet)
- The booms:
- KMnO4 stuff
- Chlorate Stuff
- The Glow
- Making TCPO?
- Glow-Stick Chemistry
- Nylon 6,10?
- Discussion about chemical procurement for projects
- Chlorines oxidizing properties (displacing lower halogens from solutions)
- Projector (Can we put it in the sparkshack)
- PeterC will be in charge of procurement
There is a current recommended donation of 6 euro (yes, chemicals are expensive)
Max 10 People [Please put your username in the appropriate category(appropriate for all levels)]
[I know what chemistry is]
- Sebastius (i only had Chemistry during highschool for about 2 years...)
- Pepman (Only one year school experience of long long ago... So teach me! :-))
- Benadski (I drank a little bit of H2SO4 60% one time, that was a weird experience)