An initiative to have regular Arduino nights at !RevSpace. For learning, tinkering and maybe starting projects using Arduino's (and shields).
Sunday 30 Jan 2011, 19:00
During the first Arduino night, I (turiphro) will give a short introduction in Arduino's. Then, we will start tinkering with the available Arduino's (bring your own Arduino's!) I'm in no way an expert, so it will be a learning experience for all of us. It is certainly true for the Arduino that getting your hands dirty is the best way to start learning!
Ideas for activities:
- Buying arduino-stuff
- Get some books in (turiphro will bring: Getting Started with Arduino, Making Things Talk
- Blinking LED! (Hello World)
- Wireless bridge between two arduino's using cheap RF sender and receiver (5,- at sparkfun.com)
- Using ethernet shield to twitter / post on wiki sensor data (plant needs water, someone opens fridge, ...)
- One-Wire sensor bus (FooBar has DS18B20 one-wire temp probes)
- Interface between arcade buttons and mame-cabinet
Hardware (Where to buy)
- Teensy(++) http://www.pjrc.com/store/teensypp.html
-- Main.turiphro - 28 Jan 2011