"Starting build" is not in the list of possible values (Proposed, Initializing, In progress, Completed, Stalled, Abandoned) for this property.
Because smoked dead animals are at least as tasty as BBQed dead animals, we need to have a nice smoker. While the BigGreenEggBBQ can act as a smoker as well, it has a fairly limited capacity. Furhtermore, it can not be electrically operated, which makes temperature control more tricky.
So enter RevSmoker.
The idea is to use a steel drum to build something like this but over 9000 times cooler, with electronics and blinkenlights.
The idea is that there is a electric hot plate/heater in the bottom of the drum, that heats a steel box full of wood chips, generating heat and smoke. A micro controller measures the temperature, and drives the hot plate in order to reach a set temperature, that can bet adjusted using a dial. The target and current temperature are displayed on a LCD display. There is a tray at the bottom of the barrel, allowing the heater/wood box to be can be easily removed for refilling, without removing the smoked items.
Design inspiration :
- steel drum that used to hold pineapple juice
- Inside dimensions: D: 57 cm, H: 85 cm, Volume approx. 218 L
- a wood chip box
- square is easy / round can hold more wood
- needs to be created
- Bonus point if the wood chip box can be retrieved from the side through a drawer or door
- one or two grids to hold the dead animal parts being smoked
- Yotson may have hole steel plates
- 3 or 4 handles for top/side
- a BBQ thermometer in through the lid
- an industrial grade brass thermocouple probe keeping track of the temp.
- needs calibration
- ask benadski for the type and specs
- an arduino to measure the temperature, display it on a small LCD screen and control the heater using a relay
- a square gourmet set heater element
- a 220V relay
- weather proofed power socket enclosure
- a turn knob to adjust the temp
- a weather proof box to hold the electronics
- rgb blinkelights
Specs and datasheets
- alternative to the large sensor - a TMP36 temp sensor
- SED1531LCD display to show the current / target temp