Because smoked dead animals are at least as tasty as BBQed dead animals, we need to have a nice smoker. While the BigGreenEggBBQ can act as a smoker as well, it has a fairly limited capacity. Furhtermore, it can not be electrically operated, which makes temperature control more tricky.
So enter RevSmoker.
The idea is to use a steel drum to build something like [this
Mechanical and electrical parts
- steel drum that used to hold pineapple juice
- a wood chip box
- one or two grids to hold the dead animal parts being smoked
- a cover with a handle
- a electrical stove, for heating the wood chips
- extension cord
- a thermometer keeping track of the temp.
- an arduino to measure the temperature, display it on a small LCD screen and control the heater using a relay
- a 220V relay
- a TMP36 [temp sensor]
- a LCD display to show the temp
- a turn knob to adjust the temp