Jump to navigation Jump to search
Project "Microcontrolled MIDI units":
- Tests/POC programs to control stuff on laptop (alsa volume, PulseAudio volume, X mouse cursor, even text input) with MIDI keyboard and 'DJ' controller connected via usb.
- Successful POC testing based on [RadioEi] code adjusted to sending midi events instead, controlled with analogue inputs (potentiometers)
- POC testing midi receiver, failed as optocoupler used too slow, better suited as PTT switcher, which is where I originall got those for.
- Ordered 100 units of 6N137 DIP8 from Ali - arrived 2016-01-12
- Test with new Optocouplers to make a working receiver, maybe use demux chips and the slow optocouplers (or just the fast ones as I have plenty now) to control stuff (eg. radio equipment? ) via midi.
- Build several controllers (Buttons, knobs etc.)
- look into MIDI over USB more, as a lot of interesting ready made controller units work with USB not the DIN plugs. At the very least would be cool to make a converter box.
- might just need to be cost-efficient and do it this way, using a cheap midi-usb converter and gut that.