HAB Tracker Station
Revision as of 13:53, 10 January 2015 by Maxell
|Project HAB Tracker Station|
|Contact||User:Costyn_van_Dongen, Maxell, Bertrik_Sikken|
Project page for the high altitude balloon tracking/listening station have set up in the space. This information is processed for the habhub.org map
- "ezcap USB 2.0 DVB-T/DAB/FM" dongle (RTL2838U, Fitipower FC0013 tuner) w/ input protection diode
- VK5QI HABAmp
Diamond X-50NApparently not a Diamond, might be a Comet. We'll go with "collinear antenna for 70cm", N connector, three ground plane radials.
- Windows XP, hostname "habtracker", IP 10.42.44.94 (MAC 00:21:70:02:62:0f)
- Start the machine with a magic WoL packet: 'wakeonlan -i 10.42.255.255 00:21:70:02:62:0f; ping habtracker'
- VNC: geheim ;-)
- Teamviewer ID: 675540724
- Power the HABAmp from the the rtl-sdr dongle's USB connection, so we don't need so sacrifice a USB port for it.
- Metal box for shielding both the HABAmp and the rtl-sdr dongle. (something like  or )
- Coax stub filter for 430.350 MHz (PI2HGL) FM voice repeater. It causes the rtl-sdr to overload when TXes.