Skip annoying music with the skip button.
Indeed, it is very ugly.
- press and hold (2 seconds)
- press and shake (2 seconds)
- replace playlist with random shuffle play
Inspired by Bitlair's skip button project, but with major differences:
- 2,4 GHz instead of 433 MHz, because nRF24L01+ modules are so easy to use :-)
- Capacitor instead of transistor logic to keep the arduino running long enough.
- For now, just a button for skipping, no volume control.
- Optiboot boot loader instead of a custom one.
- Uglier case, uglier button.
See also the README files in the Git repositories.
Suggested changes for those who feel like hacking on this:
- Bare atmega instead of complete arduino
- Better case
- Better button
- More buttons
- Volume control
- Skip 2.0
Since the biodegradable case has started crumbling around the button, I (Semafoor) ordered a new button that should enable some additional functionality (volume, previous song) and made a plan for a steel case with some workaround to keep functionality of the nRF module. More info when the button arrives (free economy int'l shipping, so probably in 2 to 8 weeks).