Smoker was thrown out recently due to lack of time and interest.
Because smoked dead animals are at least as tasty as BBQed dead animals, we need to have a nice smoker. While the BigGreenEggBBQ can act as a smoker as well, it has a fairly limited capacity. Furthermore, it can not be electrically operated, which makes temperature control more tricky.
So enter RevSmoker.
The idea is to use a steel drum to build something like this but over 9000 times cooler, with electronics and blinkenlights.
The idea is that there is a electric hot plate/heater in the bottom of the drum, that heats a steel box full of wood chips, generating heat and smoke. A micro controller measures the temperature, and drives the hot plate in order to reach a set temperature, that can bet adjusted using a dial. The target and current temperature are displayed on a LCD display. There is a tray at the bottom of the barrel, allowing the heater/wood box to be can be easily removed for refilling, without removing the smoked items.
Design inspiration :
- steel drum that used to hold pineapple juice
- Inside dimensions: D: 57 cm, H: 85 cm, Volume approx. 218 L
- a wood chip box
- square is easy / round can hold more wood
- needs to be created
- Bonus point if the wood chip box can be retrieved from the side through a drawer or door
- one or two grids to hold the dead animal parts being smoked
- Yotson may have hole steel plates
- 3 or 4 handles for top/side
- a BBQ thermometer in through the lid
- an industrial grade brass thermocouple probe keeping track of the temp.
- needs calibration
- ask benadski for the type and specs
- an arduino to measure the temperature, display it on a small LCD screen and control the heater using a relay
- a square gourmet set heater element
- a 220V relay
- weather proofed power socket enclosure
- a turn knob to adjust the temp
- a weather proof box to hold the electronics
- rgb blinkelights
Specs and datasheets
- alternative to the large sensor - a TMP36 temp sensor
- SED1531LCD display to show the current / target temp