Difference between revisions of "RevKids2.0"
|Line 118:||Line 118:|
* Make cannon
* Make cannon
* Optional: have small parts available for kids to make their own: wastebaskets, rubber sheets, rubber bands.
* Optional: have small parts available for kids to make their own: wastebaskets , rubber sheets, rubber bands.
== To Dos ==
== To Dos ==
Revision as of 23:12, 18 March 2013
|Event RevKids 2.0|
|Duration||20 April 2013 - 20 April 2013|
|Information||A fun packed afternoon in the Space for kids with an interest in technology.|
- 1 Details
- 2 Who is coming
- 3 Supervision
- 4 Snacks
- 5 Activities
- 6 Activities details
- 6.1 Bristlebot
- 6.2 Electronic brain box
- 6.3 Lego Train
- 6.4 Geomag
- 6.5 Giant Bubbles
- 6.6 Non-newtonian fluid
- 6.7 Water Rockets
- 6.8 Giant Vortex Cannon
- 6.9 Double Periscopes / Wide Stereo Viewer
- 7 To Dos
- 8 Shopping List
- When: April 20, 13:00 - 17:00(-ish)
- Orga team start 10:00isch
- Target age: 6-12
- older kids are also welcome
- Younger as well, but will need more supervision, as RevSpace is not always safe for very small ones
Who is coming
(max 25-30 kids)
- Confirmed number of kids : 10 (if you register please add to this number)
- Gert: 5 kids (age 8,8,8,8 & 6)
- User:Gori: 2 kids (5,6)
- User:Costyn: 3 kids (3,6,8)
- ... ?
- roosvicee / ranja
- Bristlebots (the bigger ones, Xander style) -TODO Trashman confirm !
- Electronic brain box
- Mega Lego Trein
- Geomag (Igors office + home)
- Punk console
- Non-newtonian fluid (maizena fluid dancing on a subwoofer) - Costyn
- Wide stereo viewer (double periscope to wide stereo viewing effect)
- Water rockets
- Fikkie stoken
- Giant bubbles
- Giant vortex cannon (met vuilnisbak)
- bristlebot . Build one and have a form of competition (race?)
Electronic brain box
- Play with Electronic BrainBox
- Maxell will bring his Lego train set.
- igors has a few hundred of these : http://www.geomagworld.com/en
- some inspiration can be obtained here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=geomag
- Make few liters bubble solution beforehand
- Basic recipe: 240 ml distilled water, 30ml good dish soap (Dreft), 15ml glycerin. All items available at drogisterij Da.
- Have coat hangers and wooden dowels available (broomstick sawed into pieces) for handles.
Activity on day
- Bend coat hangers into round shapes.
- Attach shaped wire to dowels.
- Have buckets or large dishes with bubble fluid
- Make liquid.
- Recipe: 1 portion maizena to 2 portions water. (need to confirm this)
Demo on day
- Powered subwoofer with maizena.
- Optional: have kids play with the fluid themselves by dropping it, smashing it with things... but this will get messy
- Source parts
- Find enough bicycle pumps (have kids bring them?)
- Make big compressor sourced rocket :)
Giant Vortex Cannon
- Obtain parts
- Make cannon
- Optional: have small parts available for kids to make their own: wastebaskets or cardboard tubes, rubber sheets, rubber bands.
Double Periscopes / Wide Stereo Viewer
- Funding (mainly to cover costs of parts):
- Contribution or voluntary donation by participants
- Sell kits for selected projects
- External sponsors?
Strip everything with small speakers in it for projects
- Trashman vragen welke projecten hij kan en wil doen
- met XNDR de datum vastleggen
- call for volunteers
- projecten voorbereiden (materiaal, test build, etc)
- Bill of materials maken en een kosten schatting maken
- Als alle bestelde onderdelen binnen zijn een en bijeenkomst plannen tussen Devnuller en Gori
- Final "Enge Dingen Removal" ochtend van te voren.
- Make sure there is an EHBO kit. -> There is an EHBO kit in the handwerklokaal TrashLab heeft ook een EHBO kit