Noise cancelling megaphone
|Project Noise Cancelling Megaphone|
Ever encountered those useless type to cheap to buy a headset for their mp3-playing mobile? To add insult to injury their taste in music tends to be in the 'atrocious' part of the musical-taste-spectrum, often involving autotuned hip hop. This might be a solution.
Combine a directional microphone with a megaphone and a Raspberry Pi for the signal processing. Have the megaphone broadcast the sound collected through the directional microphone just a few milliseconds out of sync back to the source of your annoyance. Also works great on yapping dogs.
- Megaphone (about 30 USD on eBay)
- Directional microphone (also about 30 USD on eBay)
- Raspberry Pi, model A or B (model A goes supposedly for about 25 USD ex tax & shipping)
- Integrating the hardware, probably involving a custom microphone holder (probably 3D-printer) and some epoxy
- Weather- and fool-proof RasPi case
- Getting a RasPi Model A, they're not available yet
- Doing the signal processing software, has anyone ported PureData to ARM yet?