|Measuring audio noise as citizen science|
This project is about measuring environmental audio noise as citizen science.
For example, noise can be:
- road traffic noise (cars, mopeds, etc)
- air traffic noise,
- industrial noise, like building activities
Existing sound/noise meter projects:
- LoRa sound kit by Marcel Meek
- DNMS project by Helmut Bitter
- Amsterdam sounds kit from Waag Society,
- Unknown sensor tested by RIVM in Schiedam (mentioned on https://www.samenmetenaanluchtkwaliteit.nl/nieuws/citizen-science-geluidmetertest-op-rivm-terrein )
- Sound meter by Bart Jurgens uit Amerongen, link ???
This project is about a kind of clone of the Amsterdam Sounds project.
Hardware is a nano33 iot board.
|LRCK||A2 (16) - I2S FS||sample clock|
|DOUT||D4 (4) - I2S SD||data|
|BCLK||A3 (17) - I2S SCK||bit clock|
The software is based on arduino, built using platformio.