|Making my miniSTM32F103ZE-EK board work|
This page is about a development board named "CZ miniSTM32F103ZE-EK" found on Aliexpress and making it work.
Flashing the bootloader
To make it easy to upload software over USB, I recommend you install the stm32duino bootloader.
You need the stm32flash utility and a bootloader file for use with PE2. Get them from the stm32duino page.
Steps to flash the bootloader:
- wire a USB-serial converter to the board:
serial GND -> board GND serial +5V -> board 5V serial RXD -> board A9 serial TXD -> board A10
- put jumper BOOT0 in position 1 (to 3.3V)
- put jumper BOOT1 in position 0 (to GND)
- reset or power-cycle the board
- flash the bootloader using stm32flash:
./stm32flash -w ../../../../STM32duino-bootloader/binaries/generic_boot20_pe2.bin -v -g 0x0 /dev/ttyUSB0
- power down the board, put BOOT0 jumper back in position 0 (to GND)
If you now reset the board (e.g. press the reset button), you should be able to see the green LED flash. You can now upload programs using the 'dfu' method.
Software can be found on github.
The archive contains a platformio configuration.
pio run -t upload
pio device monitor