What is this
This is a Java application that sends airborne particulate matter measurement data from TheThingsNetwork and forwards it to sensor.community (formerly Luftdaten).
It is used in combination with my LoraWanDustSensor: the sensor sends measurement data to TheThingsNetwork, this application picks up the data from TheThingsNetwork and forwards it to sensor.community and to opensensemap.org.
You need the following:
- a server that is always on and connected to the internet, can be Linux or Windows
- a Java installation (JDK to compile), at least version 8
- some configuration on TheThingsNetwork side
- some configuration of my application (YAML file)
To compile the software:
- clone the software from my github archive
- enter the LoraLuftdatenForwarder/gradle directory
- run the gradle script to build the software
Unzip the distribution file somewhere on your system. I put it in my home directory, for example
cd tar xvf code/LoraLuftdatenForwarder/LoraLuftdatenForwarder/build/distributions/LoraLuftdatenForwarder.tar