Keramiek Oven Controller
|Project Keramiek Oven Controller|
|Digital controller for the ceramic kiln|
See also Keramiekoven
The kiln only has manual operation right now, where the operator chooses the maximum temperature, time and rate. This works for some materials, but other require more advancec control, so we will make it digital. With a triac, the already present thermocouple (and an accompanying thermocouple amplifier)and an arduino/esp8266
- Can reproduce old Controller's functions
- Rate Control (assuming linear)
- Maximum Temperature
- Allow user to enter multiple target temperatures and rates over a long period of time
- Possibly using PID, if that's a good idea
- Allow for multiple stored "profiles" of temps, rates and times
- Make the controller, and profile creator, accessible online
- Record power consumption
- Design a nice faceplate to replace the controller's current one
Very simple and analog, operates at 240 AC and toggles a LC1D2501 contactor at frequencies above 1/60 of a hertz. Below are the internals, a simple sketch of how it is wired might be added later.
We tested the triac with an arduino, it worked perfectly. We will probably power the arduino with one of the US USB port power supplies.