- 1 Igors Projects
- 1.1 Current project
- 1.2 Button Driven Evolution
- 1.3 Completed projects
- 1.4 Idea storage
Basic reading : http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/
- Helping out with the physical component part. Stripping, recycing connectors etc.
Button Driven Evolution
See the ButtonDrivenEvolution page. Control a Agent Based Model of genetic evolution throug a button box
See the ChaoticCircuits page. Works very nice as a demo, will not be upgraded to a full class demo, as it requires too much background knowledge.
- To build two pieces
- Kits are ordered from http://www.adafruit.com/category/28
- Will be built on mechanical pencils, need to identify pens with metal body , thick lead
These are ideas that have not graduated to a official project. Once they are, an appropriate project page will be created from them. Feel free to steal/adopt/contribute ideas !
Random number generators
USB readable circuitry that streams random numbers. The quality can be tested using : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diehard_tests. While these things do not have not real practical use, they are useful for paranoid crypto, and for getting super good LHS samples testing ABM. However, getting a circuit that is better than a modern Mersenne-twister algorithm is VERY hard.
- Based on alpha particle emittor and a CCD
- based on some other chaotic circuit, with an antenna ?
an physical internet terminal, on legs/wheels that follows you arround, On command, it can find its hocking station, and return from it to find you.
- remote controlled car / roomba
- arduino, to collect sensor input data
- bunch of sensors to tell it where it is / get a kinect, and let it drive where there is space.
- Play with tensegrity structures http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tensegrity
- For fun /art
- Far our : A tensegrity tower to hold the revspace lightning rod ?
- Interesting links :
- Tensegrity robots:
- Learn about BEAM robotics by building toys for the boys
- Either implement the designs from the BEAM book, or adapt some of the toy cars
- need a brewing pan + brew vessel
Vent system for remove soldering fumes from the work bench
- old fans from computer cases
- flexible auminium duct from above the table to the window / main ventilation tube
- two/three adjustable lamp arm mounted tubes from ceiling to the desk surface
Revelation From Above
Areal kite photography/filming
- see for example : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kite_aerial_photography
- a picavet camera mount is needed :
- A camera is needed. : nikon d50 with a wide angle lens is available, but expensive/risky to use
- A remote trigger is needed
- Kite :
- Steerable kite
- available - [httphttp://www.kiteworld.co.uk/acatalog/Peter_Lynn_Hornet_3.0m_Power_Kite.html Peter Lynn Hornet 3.0]
- Many tens of kilos of lift even in relatively low wind
- this does not go very high
- is quite dynamic
- Single line kite : For a nice shot from great altitude a single line kite is preferable
- Very stable
- very long line possible
- needs to be built/purchased
- unclear what the lifting force is
- see http://aeroquad.com/ - Open Source quadcopter, based on Arduino - (note: turiphro has a quadcopter)
- Relatively expensive: + 200 EUR for parts
- Quite complex electronics
- Use :
- Platform for Revelation From Above
- RevSpace security drone, launch on alarm from the roof, film the area for evidence :)
- Period 1 of the circuit:
<img src="/old/1-period.JPG" alt="1-period.JPG" width='3008' height='2000' />