Difference between revisions of "HackVerbatimPowerBay"
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
[[User:FooBar FooBar]] bought 2 Verbatim PowerBay nas boxes... These systems run Linux on an Arm5 system. The current goal is to 'root' the systems so we can run our own software on these.
[[User:FooBarFooBar]] bought 2 Verbatim PowerBay nas boxes... These systems run Linux on an Arm5 system. The current goal is to 'root' the systems so we can run our own software on these.
Revision as of 00:40, 3 December 2012
|Project Hacking the Verbatim PowerBay Nas|
- Get console access, thnx to LotLabor: https://www.loetlabor.org/Hacking_Verbatim_Powerbay
- Dump filesystems (FooBar)
- Analyze filesystems/webinterface for exploit-vectors
- Get telnetd/sshd running
- Make backup of internal flash, make it restoreable
- Install debian armel on internal flash or usb/sata
- CPU: ARM926EJ-S  revision 1 (ARMv5TE), cr=00053977
- Machine: Feroceon-KW
- Memory: 256MB
- Internal NOR Flash:
- Ports: 5x SATA (4x internal, 1x e-SATA), 2x USB (front+back), 2x Gig-Ethernet
- Operating System: Custom Linux
- Hacker-friendlyness: Low