|New Safety Measures for Chemicals + New Chemicals|
We need a new space to store the chemicals since what we have now is prone to accidents.
- When labeling chemicals I recommend not covering the original label since it contains useful info.
- Things in caps are worse than things in lowercase. (Ex. "toxic" is toxic, "TOXIC" is very toxic)
English Chemical Name Dutch Chemical Name Hazard Statement / Extra Info
Safe material label: Methylene Blue Methyleenblauw Warning: This stuff stains!
Hazardous Material Label: Toluene Tolueen HIGHLY FLAMMABLE
What Needs to be Done
- Build chemical cabinets (need to be lockable)
- Sort the chemicals by properties and place in approperiate cabinets
- Label all chemicals properly
- Inventory the dangerous chemicals and provide MSDS's or usage guidelines
- Build a basic fume hood for the space
- Construct a small workspace dedicated to projects that use chemicals (chemistry/bio/PCB etching) in the $projectruimte downstairs, or in the Sparkshack
- PeterC will start moving some basic reagents and glassware to the space